Yelloly takes the pole in Monaco
Nick Yelloly claimed the pole position for the second round of the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup on the Monte Carlo circuit. The Fact Auto Tech‘s driver set the time of 1:34.112 and will start from the first row ahead of Michael Ammermüller, who won the first race in Barcelona for Lechner Racing.
“Pole position is particularly important in Monaco“, said the 27-year-old British racer, who posted the fastest lap six minutes before the end of the session, “I’m very happy. Compared to free practice I took a little more risk and I was rewarded”.
“Shortly before the finish I attempted another flying lap but unfortunately I couldn’t complete it because the red flag came out. Things were extremely close out there, so I’m pleased with position two,” added Ammermüller.
The third grid spot on the legendary street circuit is taken by KWT/MRS GT-Racing‘s Zaid Ashkanani. Dylan Pereira completes the second row with the Momo Megatron Lechner Racing car. Behind him there are Fach Auto Tech’s Jaap van Lagen and Dinamic Motorsport‘s Mattia Drudi.
1. Nick Yelloly (GB/Fach Auto Tech), 1:34.112
2. Michael Ammermüller (D/BWT Lechner Racing), 1:34.363
3. Zaid Ashkanani (KWT/MRS GT-Racing), 1:34.475
4. Dylan Pereira (L/Momo Megatron Lechner Racing), 1:34.492
5. Jaap van Lagen (NL/Fach Auto Tech), 1:34.825
6. Mattia Drudi (I/Dinamic Motorsport), 1:34.932
7. Mikkel Overgaard Pedersen (DK/MRS GT-Racing), 1:34.941
8. Josh Webster (GB/Momo Megatron Lechner Racing), 1:34.948
9. Julien Andlauer (F/martinet by ALMERAS), 1:35.325
10. Florian Latorre (F/martinet by ALMERAS), 1:35.383