Yelloly takes maiden victory
Nick Yelloly claimed a flag to flag victory at the Monaco circuit, after setting the pole position in the Friday’s qualifying. Fach Auto Tech racer celebrated his maiden win in the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup that came to the second round of the season. The 27-year-old Brit finished 0:244 milliseconds ahead of the reigning champion Michael Ammermüller who preferred not to take risks.
The BWT Lechner Racing German driver who won the first race in Barcelona, defended the second place from Dylan Pereira. The Momo Megatron Lechner Racing Luxembourger started from the fourth place of the grid to overtake in the first lap Kuwait’s Zaid Ashkanani.
Jaap van Lagen secured the fourth position ahead of Mikker Overgaard Pedersen. Eventually Ashkanani finishd sixth in front of Mattia Drudi.
After two races Ammermüller still leads the standings with 38 points, six more than Yelloly and van Lagen.
Monte Carlo, Race
1. Nick Yelloly (GB/Fach Auto Tech)
2. Michael Ammermüller (D/BWT Lechner Racing)
3. Dylan Pereira (L/Momo Megatron Lechner Racing)
4. Jaap van Lagen (NL/Fach Auto Tech)
5. Mikkel Overgaard Pedersen (DK/MRS GT-Racing)
6. Zaid Ashkanani (KWT/MRS GT-Racing)
7. Mattia Drudi (I/Dinamic Motorsport)
8. Josh Webster (GB/Momo Megatron Lechner Racing)
9. Larry ten Voorde (NL/Team Project 1)
10. Julien Andlauer (F/martinet by ALMERAS)