Third win in a row for Preining
Porsche Junior driver Thomas Preining secured in Monza his fourth win of the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup season as he pipped his BWT Lechner Racing team mate Michael Ammermüller. Preining made the decisive overtaking move right at the start, taking the lead in front of German pole-sitter.
Starting from the third grid spot on his home track, Dinamic Motorsport’s Mattia Drudi put Ammermüller under intense pressure to finish third and bring home his fourth podium result of the season. Nick Yelloly was able to make up one position and crossed the finish line fourth, ahead of Dylan Pereira.
With to races to be still contested in the last round in Mexico and a total tally of 40 points up for grabs, Ammermüller still leads the standings with 119 points, five more than Yelloly and 14 over Preining.
1. Thomas Preining (BWT Lechner Racing)
2. Michael Ammermüller (BWT Lechner Racing)
3. Mattia Drudi (Dinamic Motorsport)
4. Nick Yelloly (Fach Auto Tech)
5. Dylan Pereira (Momo Megatron Lechner Racing)
6. Jaap van Lagen (Fach Auto Tech)
7. Florian Latorre (martinet by ALMERAS)
8. Julien Andlauer (martinet by ALMERAS)
9. Alberto Cerqui (Dinamic Motorsport)
10. Richard Heistand (MRS GT-Racing)
1. Michael Ammermüller (BWT Lechner Racing), 119 points
2. Nick Yelloly (Fach Auto Tech), 114 points
3. Thomas Preining (BWT Lechner Racing), 105 points