Lundqvist extends his leadership
Double R Racing’s Linus Lundqvist left Spa with a big lead in the BRDC British F3 Championship standings, after becoming the first driver to win two races in a weekend so far this year. The Swedish driver, who won in Belgium the first and second races, now has a 120 point lead in the championship standings.
Jamie Caroline (pictured), making his debut for Carlin, was the other winner, as he stormed from eighth on the grid to win race two, finishing 3.5 seconds clear of Hillspeed’s Sasakorn Chaimongkol and Fortec’s Tristan Charpentier.
Lundqvist won race two with a comparatively slender margin of 0.7s over Fortec’s Tom Gamble, with Carlin’s Billy Monger securing his second podium of the year with third place, having led the first lap.
BRDC British F3 Championship standings after race 15 of 24:
1. Linus Lundqvist, Double R Racing, 412pts
2. Nicolai Kjaergaard, Carlin, 292pts
3. Kush Maini, Lanan Racing, 265pts
4. Tom Gamble, Fortec Motorsports, 261pts
5. Krishnaraaj Mahadik, Double R Racing, 209pts
6. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, 202pts
7. Billy Monger, Carlin, 184pts
8. Tristan Charpentier, Fortec Motorsports, 166pts
9. Jamie Chadwick, Douglas Motorsport, 162pts
10. Jordan Cane, Douglas Motorsport, 159pts