Crawford, Das secure Team Motorpark one-two
Jack Crawford and Cameron Das secured a one-two finish to Team Motopark, in the first race of Euroformula Open at the Circuit Paul Ricard.
Crawford started from pole position and led all 17 laps of the race, while Das chased him for the duration although had to briefly defend his second place from CryptoTower Racing Team’s Louis Foster after a safety car intervention due to the stop of Drivex car driven by Enzo Scionti.
Van Amersfoort Racing’s Rafael Villagomez was able to get a sniff of the podium as the safety car bunched up the field, but couldn’t quite keep with the top three and led home his team-mate Casper Stevenson in fourth.
The battle for sixth place, which is the position from which the results are reversed to set the race two grid – ended with Nazim Azman (CryptoTower) taking the spot, despite stalling at the start of the race and also having to concede sixth to Enzo Trulli (Drivex) after he overtook the Italian off-track.
Double R Racing’s Joshua Mason also passed Trulli but the Italian fought back, and was then handed back sixth by Azman when stewards deemed Azman’s pass illegal. Azman cleverly snatched the position back seconds later though, and therefore takes race two pole.
Trulli finished seventh, with the points positions completed by Double R duo Mason and Zdenek Chovanec, and Team Motopark female racer Vivien Keszthelyi.
Race 1. Le Castellet, 15 May 2021
1. Jak Crawford (Team Motopark) 17 laps 35:14.965
2. Cameron Das (Team Motopark) +1.859
3. Louis Foster (CryptoTower Racing Team) +6.398
4. Rafael Villagómez (Van Amersfoort Racing) +8.683
5. Caper Stevenson (Van Amersfoort Racing) +11.196
6. Nazim Azman (CryptoTower Racing Team) +15.619
7. Enzo Trulli (Drivex School) +17.542
8. Josh Mason (Double R Racing) +18.639
9. Zdenek Chovanec (Double R Racing) +20.364
10. Vivien Keszthelyi (Team Motopark) +25.941
Enzo Scionti (Drivex School) 8 laps
Filip Kaminiarz (CryptoTower Racing Team) 8 laps
Fastest lap: Jak Crawford (Team Motopark) 17. lap 1:55.052