Ammermuller secures pole at Monaco
Michael Ammermüller has claimed the pole position for the Monaco Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup race. Lechner MSG Racing Team German racer, who won both the opening races at Barcelona, set the quickest lap in 1:34.305, five tenth faster than Porsche Junior driver Dennis Olsen in the Walter Lechner Racing Team car.
Ammermüller’s team mate and two-time champion of the Porsche Carrera Cup Great Britain Daniel Cammish posted the third time ahead of MRS GT-Racing Zaid Ashkanani.
The other Porsche Junior driver Matt Campbell finished fifth in a Fach Auto Tech’s Porsche 911 GT3 Cup. Dinamic Motorsport Daniele Di Amato rounded out the top six.
In the newly created League of Nations, Germany holds the best cards in the race thanks to Ammermüller’s qualifying effort. After two of eleven rounds, Germany leads the classification with 40 points, followed by Norway with 36 points. Great Britain (30 points) ranks third, following by Australia (28 points).
The Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup celebrates a very special anniversary in Monaco. For the last 25 years, the one-make race series has been contested in Monaco as support to Formula 1. In 1993, Mika Häkkinen won the Porsche race in Monte Carlo as a VIP guest driver.
1. Michael Ammermüller (D/Lechner MSG Racing Team), 1:34.305
2. Dennis Olsen (N/Walter Lechner Racing Team), 1:34.824
3. Daniel Cammish (GB/Lechner MSG Racing Team), 1:34.983
4. Zaid Ashkanani (KWT/MRS GT-Racing), 1:35.024
5. Matt Campbell (AUS/Fach Auto Tech), 1:35.086
6. Daniele die Amato (I/Dinamic Motorsport), 1:35.139
7. Robert Lukas (PL/Olimp Racing), 1:35.197
8. Josh Webster (GB/Fach Auto Tech), 1:35.452